Polycarbonates (PC) are a group of thermoplastic polymers containing carbonate groups in their chemical structures. Polycarbonates used in engineering are strong, tough materials, and some grades are optically transparent. They are easily worked, molded, and thermoformed. Because of these properties, polycarbonates find many applications. Polycarbonate is a durable material. Although it has high impact-resistance, it has low scratch-resistance.
- Due to their unique characteristics, Polycarbonate sheets are replacing the uses of glass, plastic and acrylic.
- Very useful in various industries such as construction, agriculture, and electronics, etc.
- Have its benefits in production of numerous electrical accessories and hardware gadgets.
- The high impact quality and light weight natured materials are useful in building sensor parts, switching relays, computers, LCD sections, and highly preferred in electrical and electronic industries.
- Useful in constructing greenhouses and nurseries
Some applications of Polycarbonate sheets are
- Canopies and awnings
- Porches and verandas
- Carports or garages (parking shelters)
- Domestic swimming pools
- Gazebos or pergolas
- Outdoor play or family areas
- Hobby greenhouses